ZeuS Mitmo: Man-in-the-mobile (I)
- The attacker steals both the online username and password using a malware (ZeuS 2.x)
- The attacker infects the user’s mobile device by forcing him to install a malicious application (he sends a SMS with a link to the malicious mobile application)
- The attacker logs in with the stolen credentials using the user’s computer as a socks/proxy and performs a specific operation that needs SMS authentication
- An SMS is sent to the user’s mobile device with the authentication code. The malicious software running in the device forwards the SMS to other terminal controlled by the attacker
- The attacker fills in the authentication code and completes the operation.